[lustre-discuss] FW: Lustre 2.10.1 released

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Tue Oct 24 09:37:35 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Patrick Farrell <paf at cray.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> In general, yes, and if the kernel versions match, then almost certainly
> specifically too.  I’ve certainly done it on a Fedora box in the past.

The vanilla kernel client worked well in our short tests of kernel 4.12,
sadly due to some other limitations (dark look in direction of some closed
source products) we probably need kernel 4.4 which will mean building from
the Lustre source but the future is bright :)

In general clients can probably be built on any kernel that you can build
Lustre against, the server is (was - patchless server?) the difficult part,
we have been running Debian Lustre 2.8 clients with kernel 4.2 for over a
year now.
(Before that Lustre 2.5 on kernel 3.x and 2.7 on kernel 3.x don't remember
exact numbers but was >= 3.10)

Best regards,
Eli

As a side question:
Is there any place where I can follow the status of vanilla kernel Lustre?