[lustre-discuss] 1 MDS and 1 OSS

Simon Guilbault simon.guilbault at calculquebec.ca
Mon Oct 30 12:13:35 PDT 2017

Hi,

If everything is connected with SAS JBOD and controllers, you could
probably run 1 OST on each server and get better performance that way. With
both server reaching the same SAS drives, you could also have a failover in
case one server does not work.

You can forget about failover if you are using SATA drives.