[lustre-discuss] Multiple Lustre filesystem

Ravi Konila ravibhatk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:20:53 PDT 2017

Hi
Thank you very much for quick response.

Just a quick questions, some times I do get confused.

1. If I need 78TB for home and 50TB for scratch, how many OSTs should be there for each file system in a single DAS (attached to two OSSs (HA).
Presently my OST table is as follows:

          Total HDD RAID 6 Overhead Available HDD each HDD Capacity (in TB) Total in TB)
      OST_01   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
      OST_02   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
      OST_03   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
      OST_04   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
      OST_05   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
      OST_06   20 2 18 1.2 21.6
                  129.6

2. How many MDTs should I create for each file system?

Regards

Ravi Konila
Sr. Technical Consultant
MSIL, India