[lustre-discuss] oldest lustre deployment?

Latham, Robert J. robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 15 07:40:31 PDT 2018

I am looking at the patch to ROMIO to support the new Progressive File
Layout feature:

https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-9657
and
https://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/27869/10

This change greatly reworks ROIMIO's support for determining striping count and stripe size.  I'm all for using the 'llapi_layout' routines instead of bare ioctl() calls, but llapi_layout did not show up until 2.7 I think.

Is there any chance that some enviroment out there is still running a
lustre from 2014 or earlier?

Nothing before 2.10 shows up in the "community matrix"

https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Support+Matrix

but I do see some fairly old versions in the "intel releases"

https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Support+Matrix+-+Intel+Releases

==rob