[lustre-discuss] Command line tool to monitor Lustre I/O ?

Laifer, Roland (SCC) roland.laifer at kit.edu
Thu Dec 20 06:04:55 PST 2018

Dear Lustre administrators,

what is a good command line tool to monitor current Lustre metadata and
throughput operations on the local client or server? Up to now we had
used collectl but this no longer works for Lustre 2.10.

Some background about collectl: The Lustre support of collectl was
removed many years ago but up to Lustre 2.7 it was still possible to
monitor metadata and throughput operations on clients. In addition,
there were plugins which also worked for the server side, see
http://wiki.lustre.org/Collectl
However, it seems that there was no update for these plugins to adapt
them for Lustre 2.10.

Regards,
  Roland