[lustre-discuss] Command line tool to monitor Lustre I/O ?

Andrew Elwell andrew.elwell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:07:55 PST 2018

On Fri., 21 Dec. 2018, 01:05 Laifer, Roland (SCC) <roland.laifer at kit.edu
wrote:

> Dear Lustre administrators,
>
> what is a good command line tool to monitor current Lustre metadata and
> throughput operations on the local client or server?

I wrote a small python script to parse lctl get_param and inject it
straight into our influxdb server - As I was dropping this onto a sonnexion
(as well as our newer systems which had collectd installed) I didn't want
to require any software not already installed on the system.

My plan [one of these days in my spare time] is to wrap it properly as a
collectd python plugin - would people be interested and I'll probably see
if I can find some time to work on it over xmas?

Once it's in influx, we can then just plot it with our normal tooling
(grafana) - some pictures in the pptx at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rck1lm73wlwlg6v/monitoring.pptx?dl=0 (near end)

Andrew