[lustre-discuss] Upgrading ZFS version for Lustre

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Fri Jul 27 09:24:01 PDT 2018

I am working on upgrading some Lustre servers.  The servers currently run lustre 2.8.0 with zfs 0.6.5, and I am looking to upgrade to lustre 2.10.4 with zfs 0.7.9.   I was looking at the manual, and I did not see anything in there that mentioned special steps when changing ZFS versions.  Do I need to run “zfs upgrade” on the underlying pools before upgrading the lustre version?

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator