[lustre-discuss] lfs find to locate files with specific permissions

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:16:00 PDT 2018

Greetings List!

Recently I have been looking for dirs with world write access.  I can do
this on most file systems, including Lustre, with linux/POSIX "find
/my/src/dir -type d -perm 777", for example.  I was going to invoke an "lfs
find" on those file systems of type Lustre but I do not see a "-perm"
option to the "lfs find".   Am I missing anything here?   Have I only the
linux "find" for searching for permissions settings?

FYI, the Lustre file systems are 2.7.3, 2.9.0 and 2.10.4 servers with
clients 2.7.3 and newer.

Cheers,
megan