[lustre-discuss] ZFS based OSTs need advice

Nathaniel Clark lustre at utopiabound.net
Tue Jun 26 06:24:00 PDT 2018

I assume you mean, that your storage is active-active and cross-
connected between your OSS's. And you want both OSS to be able to
present any of the 4 OSTs.

Each OST should be it's own zpool, this will let each OST be imported /
failed between OSS's independently.

There's a guide on how to setup Pacemaker v1.1 (default for el7) to do
failover with ZFS and Lustre 2.10+
https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Using+Pacemaker+1.1+with+a+Lustr
e+File+System

--
Nathaniel Clark

On Tue, 2018-06-26 at 16:02 +0300, Zeeshan Ali Shah wrote:
> We have 2 OSS with 4 OST shared . Each OST has 90 Disk so total 360
> Disks .
> I am in phase of installing 2OSS as active/active but as zfs pools
> can only be imported in single OSS host in this case how to achieve
> active/active HA ?
> As what i read is that for active/active both HA hosts should have
> access to a same sets of disks/volumes.
>
> any advice ?
>

> /Zeeshan

> gi/lustre-discuss-lustre.org