[lustre-discuss] (no subject)

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Mon May 21 09:40:01 PDT 2018

Hello, Yugi.

Please note that 2.10.3 is the latest LTS release and 2.10.4 is about to be released very soon.
RHEL/CentOS 6.9 clients and RHEL/CentOS 7.4 servers are supported in 2.10.3.  See: http://wiki.lustre.org/Lustre_2.10.3_Changelog.  2.10.4 will add support for RHEL/CentOS 7.5 servers.

-Cory

From: lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of Yugendra Guvvala <yguvvala at cambridgecomputer.com>
Date: Monday, May 21, 2018 at 11:12 AM
To: "lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org" <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Subject: [lustre-discuss] (no subject)

Hi,

We currently run Luster 2.4

We are looking to upgrade to Lustre Version 2.10.2, Do we have to upgrade Lustre Client modules or is it Backward compatible?

What are the compatible kernel versions for 2.10.2 on both server and client modules.

We want to keep clients OS level at CENTOS 6.8 and upgrade Storage servers to CentOS 7.4. We are trying to phase this upgrade process to Servers first and then Clients and with all softwares, Drivers compatibility we are trying to find best upgrade path any suggestions are welcome.

We could only find OS version and not kernel versions on support matrix here:

https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Support+Matrix

Thanks,
Yugi