[lustre-discuss] Migrate mdt ldiskfs to zfs

Fernando Pérez fperez at icm.csic.es
Sat May 26 07:12:56 PDT 2018

Dear all,

We have a lustre filesystem recently migrated from 2.8 to 2.10.4 release with a combined mdt + mgs under ldiskfs. I want to migrate it to a new external jbod with ssds.

Is it possible to migrate it to zfs?

I think that the best two options are the following:

1. Migrate it to zfs, but I think that it was not possible in lustre previous releases
2. Migrate it to ldiskfs under a zfs pool.

What is the best way?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

Fernando Pérez
Institut de Ciències del Mar (CMIMA-CSIC)
Departament Oceanografía Física i Tecnològica
Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta,37-49
08003 Barcelona
Phone:  (+34) 93 230 96 35