[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.10.5 or 2.11.0

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Wed Oct 17 13:20:49 PDT 2018

Good Afternoon,

    I'm in the early planning stages of a lustre upgrade.  We are going to be moving from 2.5 to either 2.10 or 2.11, possibly by standing up a new lustre file system alongside the existing one and migrating the data over.  I'm wondering if anyone has had specific experiences (either positive or negative) with either of these versions.

I was also looking for, but couldn't seem to find, a mapping of zfs versions to lustre versions.  Am I correct in my assumption that zfs 0.7.9 will work with either version?

Finally, does anyone have experience with zfs as the backing for the MDS/MDT?

w/r,

Kurt J. Strosahl
System Administrator: HPC, Lustre
Scientific Computing Group, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility