[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.10.5 or 2.11.0

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Wed Oct 17 13:44:17 PDT 2018

Kurt

My recommendation would be to use 2.10.5 (or even 2.12 which may well be out before you actually execute on your plan) rather than 2.11. 2.10.5 came out relatively recently and shipped with ZFS 0.7.9 by default whereas 2.11 shipped with the latest at the time of its release (ZFS 0.7.6). While 2.11 may still work with ZFS 0.7.9 I expect that there would be other ways that you would find that it is lagging behind more current releases that have been kept up to date with bugfixes and supporting newer distros etc.

Peter