[lustre-discuss] lfsck repair quota

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Apr 16 06:34:40 PDT 2019

> On Apr 15, 2019, at 10:54 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez at icm.csic.es> wrote:
>
> Could anyone confirm me that the correct way to repair wrong quotes in a ldiskfs mdt is lctl lfsck_start -t layout -A?

As far as I know, lfsck doesn’t repair quota info. It only fixes internal consistency within Lustre.

Whenever I have had to repair quotas, I just follow the procedure you did (unmount everything, run “tune2fs -O ^quota <dev>”, run “tune2fs -O quota <dev>”, and then remount).  But all my systems used ldiskfs, so I don’t know if the ZFS OSTs introduce any sort of complication.  (Actually, I am not even sure if/how you can regenerate quota info for ZFS.)

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator