[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.10.X on CentOS 6 w/ Mellanox OFED

Liam Forbes loforbes at alaska.edu
Tue Apr 30 10:18:05 PDT 2019

Good Morning All.

In order to take advantage of the newest IB cards, we are upgrading our
CentOS 6 cluster to Mellanox OFED 4.5-1.0.1.0 from the inbox drivers. I've
got the OFED software installed on a test system, but I don't seem to be
able to install the lustre 2.10.X DKMS client RPM downloaded from lustre.org.
In the log file, it looks like building the kernel modules is encountering
a number of errors from constants being redefined. Is this expected?

In the lustre-2.10.X-ib/MOFED-4.5-1.0.1.0 sub-directory, I only see client
RPMs for CentOS 7. Does this mean we have to build our own CentOS 6 client
from the source RPMs?

Thank you for any guidance.
--
Regards,
-liam

-There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
Liam Forbes  loforbes at alaska.edu  ph: 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8601
UAF Research Computing Systems Senior HPC Engineer              CISSP