[lustre-discuss] Upgrading CentOS / Lustre....

Harvey-Smith, Phillip P.Harvey-Smith at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 05:58:33 PDT 2019

Hi there,

We currently have Lustre running on our cluster which we would like to
upgraded to the latest stable release (if possible), which currently
seems to be 2.12.x

Currently we have : Lustre 2.9.0 (reported by lfs --version) running on
CentOS 7.3.1611 from /etc/redhat-release. I understand that I can do a
fairly simple in place upgrade of CentOS using yum, will this also
upgrade lustre as well?

If not what would be the recommended upgrade procedure, and do I need to
do any 'conversion' as I update releases or are they compatible?

The current system has a single MDT and OSS I presume these will need to
be upgraded first before the clients.

Cheers.

Phill.