[lustre-discuss] Upgrading CentOS / Lustre....

Jongwoo Han jongwoohan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 03:01:26 PDT 2019

It looks like what kind of HA you depend on, and condition of selinux.
I tried installing 2.12.x on a selinux disabled centos 7.
Packages installed well, mkfs.lustre was successful but could not mount
MDT/OST because mount.lustre now requires selinux enabled or permissive.
Try upgrade with changing selinux state to permissive if you ran your
cluster in selinux disabled mode.

2019년 8월 27일 (화) 오후 9:58, Harvey-Smith, Phillip <
P.Harvey-Smith at warwick.ac.uk>님이 작성:

> Hi there,
>
> We currently have Lustre running on our cluster which we would like to
> upgraded to the latest stable release (if possible), which currently
> seems to be 2.12.x
>
> Currently we have : Lustre 2.9.0 (reported by lfs --version) running on
> CentOS 7.3.1611 from /etc/redhat-release. I understand that I can do a
> fairly simple in place upgrade of CentOS using yum, will this also
> upgrade lustre as well?
>
> If not what would be the recommended upgrade procedure, and do I need to
> do any 'conversion' as I update releases or are they compatible?
>
> The current system has a single MDT and OSS I presume these will need to
> be upgraded first before the clients.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Phill.

Jongwoo Han