[lustre-discuss] Running an older Lustre server (2.5) with a newer client (2.11)

Andrew Elwell andrew.elwell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 04:46:30 PDT 2019

On Fri., 30 Aug. 2019, 09:01 Kirill Lozinskiy, <KLozinskiy at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Is there anyone out there running Lustre server version 2.5.x with a
> Lustre client version 2.11.x? I'm curious if you are running this
> combination and whether or not you saw and gains or losses when you went to
> the newer Lustre client.

Not quite that new (we're still sles12 based), but we still have a 2.5
based filesystem (neo 2.0) and happily mount it on 2.10.8 clients (together
with our 2.10 LTS filesystems)

Given that 2.11 was chosen by the same supplier as their 2.5 based system,
I suspect you'd have a good case for support if you hit any issues...

Andrew