[lustre-discuss] Upgrade without losing data from 1.8.6 to 2.5.2 and back if necessary

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 04:38:57 PST 2019

Hi,

I currently have Lustre 1.8.6 running without much problem. I would like to upgrade to version 2.5.2, but without losing any data.

Is it possible to upgrade from 1.8.6 => 2.5.2 and back to older version, in case of any problems.

I am unable to find any documentation or any pointers for anyone having done any such thing. I mean, upgrade, and if facing any problem, revert back to older version.

Is it possible at all, without losing any data ?

Thanks & regards,
Rick.