[lustre-discuss] A question about lctl lfsck

Nathan Dauchy - NOAA Affiliate nathan.dauchy at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 4 07:07:43 PDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:15 PM Kurt Strosahl <strosahl at jlab.org> wrote:

> Hopefully a simple question... If I run lctl lfsck_start is there a place
> where I can get a list of what it did?

Kurt,

As far as I know, this is still an open feature request...
https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-5202 (LFSCK 5: LFSCK needs to log all
changes and errors found)

The debug_daemon method is tolerable as a workaround, with the caveat that
you have to periodically run debug_file to dump to a log, since the debug
buffer will definitely fill up before the lfsck finishes, and then
post-process those files to remove duplicates.

Regards,
Nathan