[lustre-discuss] A question about lctl lfsck

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Jul 4 16:19:41 PDT 2019

You can use "lctl dk" to dump the kernel debug log on the MDS/OSS nodes, and grep for the LFSCK messages, but if there are lots of messages the kernel logs would not be enough to hold them all.

Another option is to enable "lctl set_param printk=+lfsck" on the MDS and OSS and have it print repair messages to the console, and use syslog filtering rules to put those messages into their own log file.

> On Jul 3, 2019, at 14:15, Kurt Strosahl <strosahl at jlab.org> wrote:
>
> Good Afternoon,
>
> Hopefully a simple question... If I run lctl lfsck_start is there a place where I can get a list of what it did?

Principal Lustre Architect
Whamcloud