[lustre-discuss] RV: Lustre quota issues

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Mon Jul 8 06:13:53 PDT 2019

Perhaps the same issue that we see from time to time.

What happens if you remove the quota alltogether (-b 0 -B 0) and set them to 20G immedeately afterwards?
That made Lustre reconsider and repent in our case.

Still, I suspect it is connected to the parts of the quota-total attributed to each OST:
Try 'lfs quota -v' to see these for each OST.

The manual talks of the 'qunit size', but is not entirely clear whether that is a tunable, a value
derived from Lustre/OST size, a fixed value, and how to dead with it.

Regards
Thomas

On 08/07/2019 12.42, Alfonso Pardo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have an issue with Lustre quotas and groups. We assign storage quotas to
> users groups. In general it works fine, but sometimes with some groups
> Lustre says that the quota limit has been passed. But it not true, if you
> run “lfs quota -g XXXX /data” we get a storage used below the quota limit:
>

> Disk quotas for group XXXXXX (gid 694):
>
> Filesystem    used   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
>
> /mnt/data  2.148G*    20G     20G 2d1h31m9s   32733  100000  100000       -
>

> As you can see in this example the group has 2.148Gb used, and the quotas is
> established to 20Gb, but Lustre say that the quota has been passed (*) and a
> grace period has started.
>

> If I upgrade the quota to 50G, for example, the quota indicator (*) and no
> quota errors is vanished.
>

> Any idea or suggestion?
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Alfonso Pardo Díaz
> CETA·Ciemat
> Departamento de Tecnología
> Conventual de San Francisco
> 10200 Trujillo (Cáceres)
> Tel: 927 659 317 | Ext: 214
> alfonso.pardo at ciemat.es <mailto:alfonso.pardo at ciemat.es>
>
>  <http://www.ceta-ciemat.es/>

Thomas Roth
Department: Informationstechnologie
Location: SB3 2.291
Phone: +49-6159-71 1453  Fax: +49-6159-71 2986

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Ursula Weyrich, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Georg Schütte