[lustre-discuss] lnet.service reporting failure on start

Shaun Tancheff stancheff at cray.com
Mon Jun 24 14:21:18 PDT 2019

My understanding, in general terms, is that the messages:

[   26.653699] libcfs: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
[   26.665567] libcfs: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel

Suggests that the libcfs.ko kernel module is not signed.

Note that kernel module signing is different from the rpm package signing.