[lustre-discuss] lnet.service reporting failure on start

Patrick Farrell pfarrell at whamcloud.com
Mon Jun 24 15:28:30 PDT 2019

This is correct, and normal.  It’s not really a failure (in the sense of a being a problem), it’s just that you’re using modules that aren’t signed with the key used by your kernel vendor.  In general, if you’re getting third party modules (ie not from your kernel vendor), this happens, because the point of the signing is your kernel vendor verifying/certifying the module is theirs, and, well, it’s not.

A version of this message has probably been present every time you’ve loaded Lustre since you first used a kernel with signing enabled, which I think came in somewhere in the kernels used by RHEL6/SLES11, so some years back.

Nothing to worry about.