[lustre-discuss] Tools for backing up a ZFS MDT

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.dk
Fri Mar 29 15:03:51 PDT 2019

Hi Kurt,

Haven't got much experience with the complete send/receive to a remote
ZFS fs. However, I've created my own scripts for just sending to files.
Also, I've moved an MDT from ashift=12 to ashift=9 with send/recv. It
worked without any problems.

ZFS above 0.7.9 have issues together with dnodesize != legacy for receives:

https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8458

I'll look into ZnapZend :-)

Cheers,
Hans Henrik