[lustre-discuss] Tools for backing up a ZFS MDT

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Fri Mar 29 15:17:51 PDT 2019

This presentation from LUG 2017 might be useful for you:

http://cdn.opensfs.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Wed06-CroweTom-lug17-ost_data_migration_using_ZFS.pdf

It shows how ZFS send/receive can be used to migrate data between OSTs.   I used it as a reference when I worked with another admin to migrate a MDT to new hardware.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator