[lustre-discuss] Lustre under autofs

Youssef Eldakar youssefeldakar at gmail.com
Mon May 27 01:05:39 PDT 2019

In our Rocks cluster, we added entries to /etc/auto.share to conveniently
mount our Lustre file systems on all nodes:

lfs01 -fstype=lustre 192.168.230.238 at o2ib:/lustrefs
lfs02 -fstype=lustre 192.168.230.239 at o2ib:/lustrefs

On login nodes, the lfs01 or lfs02 mount points would occasionally give "No
such file or directory," and attempting to statically mount them while at
that state would give "File exists." Rebooting the client node makes the
problem go away temporarily.

Are we perhaps missing some option in the auto.share entries above to
prevent that behavior from reoccurring?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Youssef Eldakar
Bibliotheca Alexandrina