[lustre-discuss] Lustre rpm install creating a file that breaks lustre

Chris Horn hornc at cray.com
Wed Oct 2 11:48:45 PDT 2019

Might be best to open a ticket for this. What was the nature of the failure?

Chris Horn

From: lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of Kurt Strosahl <strosahl at jlab.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 1:30 PM
To: "lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org" <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Subject: [lustre-discuss] Lustre rpm install creating a file that breaks lustre

Good Afternoon,

    While getting lustre 2.10.8 running on a RHEL 7.7 system I found that the RPM install was putting a file in /etc/modprobe.d that was preventing lnet from starting properly.

the file is ko2iblnd.conf, which contains the following...

alias ko2iblnd-opa ko2iblnd
options ko2iblnd-opa peer_credits=128 peer_credits_hiw=64 credits=1024 concurrent_sends=256 ntx=2048 map_on_demand=32 fmr_pool_size=2048 fmr_flush_trigger=512 fmr_cache=1 conns_per_peer=4

install ko2iblnd /usr/sbin/ko2iblnd-probe

Our system is running infiniband, not omnipath.  So I'm mot sure why this file is being put in place.  Removing the file allows lnet to start properly.

w/r,

Kurt J. Strosahl
System Administrator: Lustre, HPC
Scientific Computing Group, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility