[lustre-discuss] Group and Project quota enforcement semantics

Adesanya, Adeyemi yemi at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:11:40 PDT 2020

We’re preparing to deploy a new Lustre 2.12.x system and we need to finalize our quota enforcement techniques and policies. With user, group and project quotas enabled for the filesystem, it appears that file write operations count against all three quotas.

The Red Hat documentation suggests that project and group quotas in XFS are “mutually exclusive”:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/storage_administration_guide/xfsquota

It would be nice if we had the option of making Lustre project quotas independent of group quotas.

———
Yemi