[lustre-discuss] Group and Project quota enforcement semantics

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank rmohr at utk.edu
Thu Apr 23 20:24:16 PDT 2020

> On Apr 23, 2020, at 4:11 PM, Adesanya, Adeyemi <yemi at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> The Red Hat documentation suggests that project and group quotas in XFS are “mutually exclusive”:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/storage_administration_guide/xfsquota
>
> It would be nice if we had the option of making Lustre project quotas independent of group quotas.

Based on my understanding, group and project quotas on XFS are mutually exclusive because you cannot enable both of them for the same XFS file system.  So you could just make the decision to use either group quotas or project quotas on Lustre and get the same behavior.

—
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator
Joint Institute for Computational Sciences
University of Tennessee