[lustre-discuss] Upgraded Lustre client now has SElinux failure

Daniel Rodwell daniel.rodwell at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 4 17:40:00 PDT 2020

Hi Kevin

We've hit the same issue, and reported it up to Whamcloud support. It's being actively worked on.

The public LU and patch is being tracked on LU-13742 (https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-13742).

Initially we bypassed the issue by setting SELinux to explicitly disabled to get the client mount working on a particular host. The mount fails if SELinux is set to permissive or targeted. This approach may or may not be appropriate for your environment of course :D

Regards,
Daniel.

--
Daniel Rodwell