[lustre-discuss] Bulk Attach/Detach - Lustre PCC (Persistent Client Cache)

Pinkesh Valdria pinkesh.valdria at oracle.com
Mon Aug 24 19:18:35 PDT 2020

I am new to Lustre PCC (Persistent Client Cache)  feature.   I was looking at the Lustre documentation PCC section and found how I can attach or detach a file from PCC.

http://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#pcc.operations.detach

Question:  Is there a command to specify a folder in the command and all files under that folder & sub-folders will be attached or detached?

How is everyone doing bulk attach or detach ?    Are folks using some custom script to traverse a directory tree (recursively) and for each file found,  call this command “lfs pcc detach <path-to-file/filename>”  or there is another command and I missed it in the docs.

Thanks,

Pinkesh Valdria