[lustre-discuss] CentOS / LTS plans

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Thu Dec 10 20:41:26 PST 2020

Hi Andrew

Yes you've got the plan of record correct - any future 2.12.x releases will stick with RHEL 7.x servers and when the LTS branch shifts to something newer that will include a jump to RHEL 8 \servers. As an aside, note that people do maintain patch series for server support for other distributions (SLES/Ubuntu), particularly on the more current releases, but the bulk of the testing is focused on RHEL/Centos servers. There will definitely be plenty of notice before we make the shift and we discussed on the LWG meeting earlier today about including a question about this in the community survey in the new year to poll people's opinions on this topic.

Peter