[lustre-discuss] Do old clients ever go away?

Moreno Diego (ID SIS) diego.moreno at id.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 5 09:49:40 PDT 2020

I don't see a way to clear the exports on the MGS side so it seems you get there every single NID that ever connected to the system. You can however clear this on the MDSes/OSSes:

[root at mds01 ~]# ls /proc/fs/lustre/mdt/fs1-MDT0001/exports/ | wc -l
5182
[root at mds01 ~]# echo 1 > /proc/fs/lustre/mdt/fs1-MDT0001/exports/clear
[root at mds01 ~]# ls /proc/fs/lustre/mdt/fs1-MDT0001/exports/ | wc -l
349

Regards,

Diego