[lustre-discuss] failed OST recover

Tung-Han Hsieh thhsieh at twcp1.phys.ntu.edu.tw
Mon Nov 30 22:15:41 PST 2020

Dear Serg,

Many years ago when I was using Lustre-1.8.X, I used to suffer the
same nightmare as you now. The following procedure saved me. But
I am not sure whether it works to you or not.

1. umount all the clients, umount OST.

2. mount OST as ldiskfs:

	mount -t ldiskfs /dev/<OST_device> /mnt

3. Run the command:

   ll_recover_lost_found_objs -d <lost+found_dir>

At that event it restored about 70% of data back.

In case that you want to remove the files which were lost in OST, but
unfortunately using "rm -f <filename>" does not work:

1. Record the full paths of the files which you want to remove.

2. umount all client, OST, and MDT.

3. Mount MDT as ldiskfs:

	mount -t ldiskfs /dev/<MDT_device> /mnt

4. Go to /mnt/ROOT/. You will find the completed directory tree of
   your Lustre file system, but without the file contents. You can
   remove the files you want from here.

Cheers,

T.H.Hsieh