[lustre-discuss] Lustre QoS using TBF

Strikwerda, Ger g.j.c.strikwerda at rug.nl
Mon Oct 26 07:40:23 PDT 2020

Dear community,

We at the university of Groningen (the Netherlands) are looking into doing
QoS on our Lustre file system to prevent users from suffocating our
filesystems. Lustre QoS using TBF is mentioned in a couple of
presentations/slides, but I failed to get/find some useful documentation on
how to implement such a feature.

My question: Does anybody of you have some experience with Luste QoS in
production you want to share, does it work, and what are best practises?

--

Vriendelijke groet,

Ger Strikwerdasenior expert multidisciplinary HPC enabler
simple solution architect
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
CIT/HPC beheer

Smitsborg
Nettelbosje 1
9747 AJ Groningen
Tel. 050 363 9276
"God is hard, God is fair
 some men he gave brains, others he gave hair"