[lustre-discuss] Lustre optimize for spares data files ?

Tung-Han Hsieh thhsieh at twcp1.phys.ntu.edu.tw
Wed Sep 9 00:49:09 PDT 2020

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I have additional questions. Since we have a large Lustre file
system pool, some are OST with ldiskfs backend, and some are OST
with ZFS backend. Can I just enable compression on the ZFS backend
which is going to be joined into the Lustre file system without
affecting the remaining parts ?

If my OST with ZFS has run for a while without compression enabled,
could I enable it without hurting the existing data ?

Thank you very much.

T.H.Hsieh