[lustre-discuss] Lustre version 2.14 support for CentOS 7

Hugo R Hernandez hdezmora at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 08:50:12 PDT 2021

Hello there!  We have been planning to upgrade Lustre from 2.10+ to 2.14,
but we encountered it supports only RHEL 8.3, SLES 15 SP2, and Ubuntu
20.04.   How about RHEL/CentOS 7?

https://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/lustre/lustre-2.14.0/

We can see release 2.13 supports RHEL 7.7 (servers and clients) and 2.12.9
supports RHEL 7.9.  Part of this upgrade is motivated to work on a
OST-to-DoM migration but this appears to be possible until 2.13.  Our
desire is to use DoM to alleviate with metadata performance due to tons of
small files.  We want at this point to verify if any 2.13 or 2.14 would
eventually support CentOS 7.9.

Thanks in advance!
-Hugo

--
"Se seus esforços foram vistos com indeferença, não desanime que o sol faze
um espectacolo maravilhoso todas as manhãs enquanto a maioria das pessoas