[lustre-discuss] OST mount issue

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Mon Apr 26 09:26:55 PDT 2021

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021, Degremont, Aurelien wrote:

> Could you provide more debugging information, like 'rpm -qa | grep lustre' on both hosts?
> The actual mount command, etc...
>
> There must be something different, as the result is different...

Yes, I believe that something must be different; I just cannot find it. I
now have six OST systems. All were installed the same way; two work fine
and four do not. The rpm list:

# rpm -qa | grep lustre
lustre-osd-zfs-mount-2.12.6-1.el7.x86_64
lustre-2.12.6-1.el7.x86_64
lustre-zfs-dkms-2.12.6-1.el7.noarch

# the mount command example:
# grep lustre /etc/fstab
fs1/ost1        /mnt/fs1/ost1   lustre defaults,_netdev_  0 0

and all are the same on all six systems. I currently have ZFS 0.8.5
installed, but I have tried with ZFS 0.7.13, and the results are
the same.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
3901 N Charles St              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Baltimore MD 21218
   "186,282 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"