[lustre-discuss] File Level Redundancy - Data Movement

Indivar Nair indivar.nair at techterra.in
Wed Feb 17 03:42:32 PST 2021

Hi All,

I was going through the FLR feature in the Lustre Manual and had some
questions.

1. If we run the "lfs mirror" command on an existing file or directory, how
is the file ' directory copied from one OST to another?
    Is the copying done by the Lustre client on which this command was run?

2. And, in case of delayed mirroring of newly created files, who does the
copying?

3. How can we automate this process to automatically mirror certain file
types?

Regards,

Indivar Nair