[lustre-discuss] Fwd: ldiskfs vs zfs

Cameron Harr harr1 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 17 08:37:29 PST 2021

Sudheendra,

You will get varied answers depending on who you ask. For us, we are
strong believers in ZFS. Of course, as a major contributor to
ZFS-on-Linux, we're heavily biased, but we believe the management
features (snapshots, etc) outweigh any performance deficiencies compared
to ldiskfs, especially when using SSDs. Plus, ZFS is continually landing
major improvements that boost performance and resiliency.

Cameron