[lustre-discuss] MGS IP in a HA cluster

Sid Young sid.young at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:58:57 PST 2021

G'day all,

I'm trying to get my head around configuring a new Lustre 2.12.6 cluster on
Centos 7.9, in particular the correct IP(s) for the MGS.

In a pacemaker based MDS cluster, when I define the IP for the HA, is that
the same IP used when referencing the MGS, or is the MGS IP only specified
by using the IP of both the MDS servers (assume dual MDS HA cluster here)?

And, if I have a 100G ethernet network (for RoCE) for Lustre usage and a
10G network for server access is the MGS IP based around the 100G network
or my 10G network?

Any help appreciated :)

Sid Young