[lustre-discuss] MGS IP in a HA cluster

Indivar Nair indivar.nair at techterra.in
Wed Feb 17 22:34:29 PST 2021

Hi Sid,

1.
-- You don't need a Cluster/Virtual IP for Lustre. Only the MGT, MDT and
OST volumes need to be failed over.
    When these volumes are failed over to the other server, all the
components of the Lustre file system are informed about this failover, and
they will then continue accessing these volumes using the IP of the
failover server.

2.
-- No. MGS IP should also be in the same network(s) as MDS and OSS.

If you are using IML for installation and management of Lustre, then this
should be on a different network (for example, your 10G network (or a 1G
network)).

Regards,

Indivar Nair