[lustre-discuss] need to always manually add network after reboot

Sid Young sid.young at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:58:20 PST 2021

G'Day all,
I'm finding that when I reboot any node in our new HPC, I need to keep
manually adding the network using lnetctl net add --net tcp --if ens2f0
Then I can do an lnetctl net show and see the tcp part active...

I have options in  /etc/modprobe.d/lnet.conf
options lnet networks=tcp

and

[root at hpc-oss-03 ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.d/lustre.conf
options lnet networks="tcp(ens2f0)"
options lnet ip2nets="tcp(ens2f0) 10.140.93.*

I've read the doco and tried to understand the correct parameters for a
simple Lustre config so this is what I worked out is needed... but I
suspect its still wrong.

Any help appreciated :)

Sid Young