[lustre-discuss] need to always manually add network after reboot

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Tue Feb 23 00:47:27 PST 2021

Hello

If I understand correctly, you're telling that you have 2 configuration files:

/etc/modprobe.d/lnet.conf
options lnet networks=tcp

[root at hpc-oss-03 ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.d/lustre.conf
options lnet networks="tcp(ens2f0)"
options lnet ip2nets="tcp(ens2f0) 10.140.93.*

That means you are declaring twice the "networks" option for "lnet" kernel module. I don't know how 'modprobe' will behave regarding that.
If you have a very simple configuration, where your nodes only have one Ethernet interface "ens2f0", you only need the following lines, from the 3 above:

options lnet networks="tcp(ens2f0)"

If this interface is the only Ethernet interface on your host, you don't even need a network specific setup. By default, when loading Lustre, in the absence of a network configuration, Lustre will automatically setup the only ethernet interface to use it for "tcp".

Aurélien