[lustre-discuss] servicenode /failnode

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Fri Feb 26 02:02:43 PST 2021

You're totally correct!

De : lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> au nom de Sid Young via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Répondre à : Sid Young <sid.young at gmail.com>
Date : vendredi 26 février 2021 à 00:45
À : lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Objet : [EXTERNAL] [lustre-discuss] servicenode /failnode

G'Day all,

I'm rebuilding my Lustre cluster again and in doing so I am trying to understand the role of the --servicenode option when creating an OST. There is an example in the doco shown as this:

[root at rh7z-oss1 system]# mkfs.lustre --ost \

>   --fsname demo \

>   --index 0 \

>   --mgsnode 192.168.227.11 at tcp1 \

>   --mgsnode 192.168.227.12 at tcp1 \

>   --servicenode 192.168.227.21 at tcp1 \

>   --servicenode 192.168.227.22 at tcp1 \

>   /dev/dm-3
But its not clear what the service node actually is.

Am I correct in saying the service nodes are the IP's of the two OSS servers that can manage this particular OST (the HA pair)?

Sid Young