[lustre-discuss] Determining server version from client

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Tue Jan 19 02:21:25 PST 2021

Hi Andrew,

There are no such things as a filesystem version, as a filesystem is made of MDTs, OSTs and clients. Each of them could have different Lustre versions (even if running too much different lustre versions between MDT and OST is not really supported).
So, to get the Lustre version, you should check server versions, with this command by example:

$ lctl get_param *.*.import | grep target_version

The local Lustre client version could be read with

$ lctl get_param version

Aurélien