[lustre-discuss] non-existing client in logs

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Jul 15 03:05:48 PDT 2021

Dear all,

in the logs of our 3 MDS (Lustre 2.12.5), on NID is continously reported as missing, e.g.

 > LNet: 3571:0:(o2iblnd_cb.c:3397:kiblnd_check_conns()) Timed out tx for 10.20.1.237 at o2ib5: 1 seconds

Once upon a time, there was indeed a batch node with that IP. It has been decomissioned and switched off some time last year, but still crops up in
the logs.

Recently I managed to revive the old hardware, connect it to Lustre. The MDS recognized the node. Then I umounted, which worked without a problem.
Nevertheless, the NID keeps reappearing in the logs.

Any way to make the MDSes understand that this box is gone for good? Perhaps install a new one with the old IP?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Roth
Department: IT
Location: SB3 2.291
Phone: +49-6159-71 1453  Fax: +49-6159-71 2986

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Dr. Ulrich Breuer, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Volkmar Dietz