[lustre-discuss] Experience with DDN AI400X

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:27:03 PST 2021

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on this list for a while :)
At my new job we are considering getting a DDN AI400X system which as far
as I understood from them is Lustre for some machine learning nodes.
I'm just wondering how nice these play with other lustre systems, am I
getting myself a vendor lock-in because they don't play nicely or will I be
able to treat this like any Lustre box?

The previous small Lustre system I managed was pizza box servers connected
to external RAID enclosures which basically meant I could do as I wished
with the system and expand with any brand, as I recall it has been reported
on this list that people run very mixed setups at some locations with
equipment spanning multiple generations.

Thanks,
Eli