[lustre-discuss] Changelogs and jobstats with multitenancy and multiple cluster mounts

Passerini Marco marco.passerini at cscs.ch
Wed Nov 24 04:44:30 PST 2021

Hi,

Considering the following scenarios:

1) a single Lustre filesystem mounted on several clusters

2) a Lustre configured for multi-tenancy, exporting different filesystems on different VLANs which are mounted on several clusters

How does this interact with Lustre change logs, and with Lustre jobstats?

>From what I saw, Lustre changelogs, in case of multitenancy, work only if the mounting client has visibility to the filesystem "root", or not to a "sub"-filesystem. Is it possible to have it enabled for each exported filesystem, in a more fine-grained way?

About jobstats: if there are multiple (e.g.) Slurm clusters which share the same filesystem, there might be conflicts on Job IDs. Is there a way to identify which cluster a job id belongs to?

Regards,
Marco Passerini